Writer In Motion Forum

Author Topic: For Serenity - Final Draft  (Read 575 times)

jlburrowsauthor

• I am a Writer In Motion
    • View Profile
For Serenity - Final Draft
« on: November 30, 2019, 08:30:22 PM »
This is my LEAST favorite round!  :'( How impossible it is to cut something you work so hard to craft. Yet, with the help of a couple of cheer partners, thank you Morgan and Rebecca, I'm finally at 995 words. I wasn't sure I was going to make it, and I totally thought I'd go rogue and refuse to get under 1,000 words. LOL! I absolutely had those thoughts. But with their encouragement, I was able to scrape the word count down to where it needed to be.

Thank you so much Writer in Motion for putting this event on! I had so much fun and enjoyed exploring writing short stories with this great community of writers.

I LOVE THIS VERSION! It is totally my favorite. Though I resist the slicing and dicing, liking it to bringing an ax to a delicate surgery on The Resident, the results never fail to dazzle me.

You can read the final version of For Serenity on my blog at https://www.jlburrows.com/2019/11/30/for-serenity-final-version/

Please leave comments. I have found they are my favorites!

Thank you so much to all the writers here! Thank you for letting me be a part of this journey. Thank you for your critiques, vulnerable growth, and allowing this process to be so visible.

You have made my first short story epic. It is all to you.
Jennifer

Grim Dreamer

• I am a Writer In Motion
    • View Profile
Re: For Serenity - Final Draft
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 10:01:14 PM »
Nice!