Writer In Motion Forum

Author Topic: Self-Edited: The Crow on a Birch  (Read 614 times)

Thuy

• I am a Writer In Motion
    • View Profile
Self-Edited: The Crow on a Birch
« on: November 15, 2019, 06:11:10 PM »
Finally got my self-edits in this week! https://www.tmnstories.com/wim-round-2-week-2-the-self-edited-draft/

Working in a little characterization for my MC tore up my first draft quite a bit  :D Hopefully, it's for the better. Thanks for reading!

natlockettwrites

• View Profile
Re: Self-Edited: The Crow on a Birch
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 04:03:19 AM »
Unrelated to the story: Love how crisp and clean your website is!

I really liked getting to see your process and I definitely felt like the workplace affair angle made her a more sympathetic (but also badass) character. The parallels/epiphany with the crow vs. geese is really cool too--I like that it gives color to her drive for revenge.

Fabierien

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 02:58:12 AM »
My golly, I thought the 1st one was good at the core but you painted such a wonderful picture through now. The affair angle really brought the character to life. It gave her a real motivation that she was lacking. So good!

R. Pelham Hern
@Steelforgedgame

Grim Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 10:28:35 PM »
I might be the only one, but I was a little more attracted to the first draft character! But I like my ladies badass, going for everything they know is theirs, regardless of whether it's a lot or a little, and for whatever reason means the most to them personally. But it all comes down to what your vision is. I like this one, too!