Writer In Motion Forum

Author Topic: Beyond Earth CP Edit  (Read 684 times)

lex

• I am a Writer In Motion
    • View Profile
Beyond Earth CP Edit
« on: August 22, 2020, 01:11:30 AM »
 Well this last week was an adventure! I have never been a critique partner for anyone before so I was a bit nervous that I would let down my CP's and be able to give them any good critiques. So I tried to do a bit of research and read what other folks have said about being a good critique partner and how to make sure you give helpful, useful advice. So I read each piece several times, taking a few notes each time.Reading each story to make sure it made sense to me and that I could easily follow along with what the writer intent was. I also tried to be as honest as I could about the language used and if it was believable.

Both Olivier and Jennifer, gave me some incredible advice and feedback which I have tried to incorporate into my piece. I found that I needed to clear up several grammatical issues and a find a new spell checker. This whole experience has shown me how much I enjoy writing fiction and that I hope to continue this piece to its conclusion.

Using the feedback from my CP's here is Beyond Earth, draft three-ish. I have learned invaluable lessons and I will be forever grateful to both of my CP's. I hope you enjoy the story and I am looking forward to seeing what the editor has to say, well nervous excited!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 01:21:55 AM by lex »