Writer In Motion Forum

Author Topic: So Far Untitled Draft One (Fantasy)  (Read 553 times)

Clari

• I am a Writer In Motion
    • View Profile
So Far Untitled Draft One (Fantasy)
« on: November 08, 2019, 04:29:52 AM »
I thought, why not try a dual timeline of sorts in under a thousand words. And why not make it cold. And vignett-y.

In short: a giant journeys up a mountain to a tower between the realms, to bring home the dying cloud spirit who once fell from the skies to make her wish come true.

I blogged my reaction, my mind?s idea to take the once-looked-at prompt to a freezing mountain that has nothing to do with the pic and all to do with me typing while walking out in the cold, the story itself, and some preliminary notes-to-self, all in my first post here.

I have lots of self-critical thoughts about whether things worked or not, but I?m keeping those for next week?s post.

Grim Dreamer

• View Profile
Re: So Far Untitled Draft One (Fantasy)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 09:20:08 PM »
Nice! Lots of ways to go with this one to bring the focus in on a specific moment in the story!

Jeni Chappelle

• Administrator
  • WIM Editorial Director & Taco Enthusiast she/her
    • View Profile
    • Jeni Chappelle Editorial
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 03:41:16 AM »
I really like how you broke down your thought process and left yourself notes about what you want to revise. What a great start! Can't wait to see where this goes.

SKaeth

• WIM Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Space Cows
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 02:05:38 AM »
I really like the dual-timelines here, and I don't normally say that, but I got a poetic, folktale feel from it that I think really works!