Writer In Motion Forum

Author Topic: Nyssa Rae - YA/NA SFF  (Read 1072 times)

NysseRae

• I am a Writer In Motion
    • View Profile
Nyssa Rae - YA/NA SFF
« on: August 03, 2020, 01:12:24 AM »
Name: Nyssa Rae
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Bio: Nyssa lives in Canada, and is a mechanical engineer by day and writer by night. She temporarily works as a satellite engineer, with the hope of soon getting a permanent job working on rockets/satellites and the like. She's also a Highland dancer who has performed around the world, when travelling around the world was a thing we could do. She has been writing stories since she was old enough to hold a pencil, and hopes to be published one day. 

What type of stories do you write?
I write mostly YA science fiction and fantasy, although I'm experimenting with a few NA/adult stories in these same genres. I've always read to escape the real world, so SFF is my happy place when writing. As an engineer myself, I've got a passion for writing girls in STEM because we don't see enough of that.

What are you working on right now?
I'm currently querying my third completed novel (the first two are shelved), which is a YA sci-fi about a girl trying to get her spaceship pilot's license who runs into a whale in space. Finishing up some edits while I start querying, but once that's done I think I might go back to work on a half-written delightfully queer adult fantasy novel.

My Writer In Motion Project:
Coming soon

Published Books:
Maybe one day...

Connect With Me:
Website
Twitter