Writer In Motion Forum

Author Topic: Sometimes Our Skies: Draft III  (Read 665 times)

Clari

• I am a Writer In Motion
    • View Profile
Sometimes Our Skies: Draft III
« on: November 22, 2019, 02:37:46 PM »
I don't feel like I made many changes to the story, but I mostly focused on addressing the biggest point of confusion: the Spirit's plan in the past story, and how it all really worked out (or didn't). Hopefully that's at least somewhat clearer now.
Also, I want to do a shout-out to the comment that pointed out my hyphenated words probably counted as fewer than they should've :D Honestly, it wasn't on purpose! I hadn't even thought about it. But this time around I made sure it was <1k words even accounting for the words-within-the-words.

I also talked about accepting and trusting positive feedback and compliments a bit. It's always been a struggle of mine, and this process (and the fact that it was all so transparent) really challenged me to stand up to my inner critic. Here's my post for this week.

Grim Dreamer

• View Profile
Re: Sometimes Our Skies: Draft III
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 04:35:00 PM »
Very nice! Positive feedback is actually quite useful, and doesn't always get enough attention. Like negative feedback, it's subjective, but it does highlight places where your prose is hitting the sweet spot!

songmaiden

• View Profile
Re: Sometimes Our Skies: Draft III
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 10:48:55 PM »
Your writing style has such poetry to it. When I first began reading, I wasn?t sure how much I would enjoy the two timelines, and by the end of the piece, I fell in love with the dual timelines?and the story.