Writer In Motion Forum

Author Topic: Self Edit - In the Shadow of the Tower (formerly Towering)  (Read 548 times)

natlockettwrites

• I am a Writer In Motion
    • View Profile
Self Edit - In the Shadow of the Tower (formerly Towering)
« on: November 16, 2019, 03:46:56 AM »
Thanks so much to those of you who took a look at this last week and for your kind words! I hope to repay the favor now that I have a little more time this week.  :)

Here's the second draft in the form of a blog post: https://www.natlockettwrites.com/post/writer-in-motion-week-2-second-draft

Thuy

• View Profile
Re: Self Edit - In the Shadow of the Tower (formerly Towering)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 09:30:54 PM »
Hahah! I absolutely love that you write jokes to yourself in the margins. What's more fun than cracking up at your own cleverness during revisions?

Your storytelling technique is incredible. The tweaks you made sharpened the story, building layers with succinct descriptions and revealing a multitude of complexities without bloating any of the details. I instantly want to know more about this world: the magic of the Tower, the MC's agelessness, the mysterious cursed fog, and what the MC's disappearance means with the shattered glass. MORE please!

Fabierien

• View Profile
Re: Self Edit - In the Shadow of the Tower (formerly Towering)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 02:44:58 AM »
I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I should have it back to you tonight. Thanks for letting me be your CP.

R. Pelham Hern
@steelforgedgame