Writer In Motion Forum

Author Topic: Ethereal Child ( First Draft )  (Read 1360 times)

Antoinette_TheCreator

• I am a Writer In Motion
    • View Profile
Ethereal Child ( First Draft )
« on: August 04, 2020, 11:26:45 PM »
Below is the google doc link to the first draft of my short story Ethereal Child for the Writer in Motion prompt. I really enjoyed writing this while also drawing inspiration from the prompt image, its a bit more than 1K words but I really got into a flow while writing. ( Pantsed )

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T6qSzDPp0YYFhVj3KVDDQ59FNmVYTeMFhexfnsEqrPA/edit?usp=sharing
Antoinette V.Sluytman

SKaeth

• WIM Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Space Cows
Re: Ethereal Child ( First Draft )
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 03:13:39 PM »
Oh excellent first draft! I love the twist at the end-- very powerful emotions there! Looking forward to seeing what this becomes!

Erin Fulmer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 06:12:40 PM »
Wow! Gorgeous and lyrical use of language, powerful descriptions, and you've fleshed out what feels like a fully realized fantasy world in a small amount of words. I think the voice is very strong here. I really enjoyed this one and I can't wait to see how it develops.

K. J. Harrowick

• Administrator
  • Insta-gator
    • View Profile
    • K. J. Harrowick
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 02:33:52 PM »
Oh goodness, this is so gorgeous I want to cry. I absolutely love the voice and mood you've woven into this, and the twist at the end is just perfect.

I definitely want to read all the things in this world.  :heart:

AnthonyEden

• Happily Queer Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 04:52:46 PM »
Imagine me doing a silly dance in front of my computer. Yeah. This is amazing! Such a deep and richly textured world you've painted with your words.

Gimme mooooore!

Antoinette_TheCreator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 10:04:05 PM »
Imagine me doing a silly dance in front of my computer. Yeah. This is amazing! Such a deep and richly textured world you've painted with your words.

Gimme mooooore!

Im thrilled that you enjoyed it so much, thank you for the kind feedback. This is a short story to my high fantasy series Kisodoh so there is definitely more to come I can tell you that much.
Antoinette V.Sluytman

Antoinette_TheCreator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 10:06:43 PM »
Oh goodness, this is so gorgeous I want to cry. I absolutely love the voice and mood you've woven into this, and the twist at the end is just perfect.

I definitely want to read all the things in this world.  :heart:

Its an honor to inspire such emotions into readers! Thank you, once I complete my series you will be hearing a lot more of Sinnilah.
Antoinette V.Sluytman

Antoinette_TheCreator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 10:08:05 PM »
Wow! Gorgeous and lyrical use of language, powerful descriptions, and you've fleshed out what feels like a fully realized fantasy world in a small amount of words. I think the voice is very strong here. I really enjoyed this one and I can't wait to see how it develops.

Yes Im curious to see how it will turn out as well, all part of the WIM journey and I love it :heart:
Antoinette V.Sluytman